HOST YOUR ACT DATABASE IN THE CLOUDS
Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too? Not us! There are lots of companies who will sell you a “cloud-based” CRM solution – for a hefty monthly fee. And just try to wrestle your database away from them. With ACT For Web you have two options:
- Host it yourself: Add IIS and a static IP to your server and ACT will take care of the rest!
- Act Hosting Services: The standard rate is $150/user/year.
And here’s the best part of all – ACT for Web is included as part of your ACT Premium purchase.
You can see ACT for Web in action by clicking here. Login as firstname.lastname@example.org and use the password TechBenders
It seems these days that everyone wants to have use Act hosting so they can view their Act! database in the clouds. We provide Act! web hosting and think we do a great job of it:
- We provide you with all the support you need to get started
- We give you with the ability to access your Act! data on your desktop, through a browser, on smart phones and on tablets.
- You aren’t locked into a long term contract
- We use secure, SSL access
- We guarantee 99.9999% uptime
- We meet or exceed all compliancy guidelines
Most Act! users are surprised to see how much the Act! hosted solution looks and works just like the Windows version. The differences between Act! for Windows and Act! for Web have decreased with each subsequent release of Act!. ACT for Windows has more options because it runs on the Windows platform. The web version, being accessed via a browser will have limitations because of the browser interface. For example, you won’t be able to scroll through a list of names in the same way you do in the Windows version, and you’ll find that a right-click will pull up your browser options rather than Act! options.
Here’s the current list of the differences between Act! for Windows and Act! for Web:
- Customize Menus and Toolbars except for the Global Toolbar
- Edit Smart Tasks
- Right click functionality
- Create or Edit Activity Series
- Setup and use field triggers
- Export data (you can use the Export to Excel function from the list view)
- Create new or edit report templates
- Use Swiftpage E-marketing for ACT!; you can use the new ACT e-marketing
- Add document attachments as shortcuts to individual files; you can add shortcuts to folders and URLs, and upload files.
- Setup synchronization with a handheld device
- Fully integrate ACT! with a supported accounting program
- E-Mail documents from the Document tab
- View e-mail via the ACT! Email client; you can integrate with a locally installed Windows version of Outlook or send through an Internet mail account
- Send an Email Message from a template
- Backup and restore databases
- Edit Contact Access (Make Public, Make Private, Create Access List, Add or Remove Users/Teams) for multiple contacts
- Run Database maintenance (check, repair, reindex, delete). You can Unlock the database.
- Use the ACT! Diagnostics utility for advanced maintenance
- Access Synchronization Panel to edit or delete remote databases and to create sync sets
- Use the ACT! Dialer
- Use the Timer
- Set the ACT! Scheduler
- Open each view in its own window
- Use the Social Updates tab
- Use Quick Print
You’ll also notice that many of these tasks are ones typically performed by the database Administrator which is why we always suggest that the Act! Administrator uses a remote synching database. And, if you are using any addon products with Act!, you’ll want to double-check with the manufacturer to make sure that the addon will work in an Act! hosted environment.
You’ll want to check back here periodically because this list will get shorter and shorter with each new Act! release. Please contact the Act! consultants at Tech Benders for more information on Act! for Web or to place your Act! database in the clouds!