If you’re reading this blog you’re probably an ACT user – or about to become one. One of the most frequent comments I hear from ACT users is that they “aren’t using ACT to its full potential.” On the simplest of levels, ACT is an electronic Rolodex. You can take ACT to the next level by making use of the Notes, History and Activity options. Throw in Sales Opportunities and you might feel like you’re all set.
However, the biggest advantage of using ACT is to improve your marketing efforts. Here’s a few simple tips to turn your ACT database into a lean, green, Marketing Machine!
- Identify your important contacts: Whether you’re looking to reach your top prospects, or sell a new product line to your existing customers you need to have a fast way to reach find your targeted audience. Customizing the ID/Status field to include those target groups is a great place to start.
- Stay in touch: Out of sight, out of mind as they say. Make sure you keep yourself in front of your targeted audience – and make sure you let your audience know exactly what it is that you can do for them.
- Create a campaign: Marketing should not be haphazard. Decide in advance how often you want to make contact – and how you are going t contact them. Monthly e-newsletters? Follow-up postcards? Decide on your game plan in advance!
- Set yourself apart from the competition: A friend of mine once sent out prospect pieces written on a brown paper bag. Be creative – you never know what’s going to catch someone’s eye!
- Automate your efforts: Use ACT to create labels – or to export your list to a mailing service at the click of a button.